Sisterlocks-Look I am a beautiful butterfly

I have been in a natural hair cocoon for seven years. I started this blog to chronicle the life and times of my sisterlocks. And from time to time any other random thing that suites my fancy or draws my ever so curious mind. You are welcomed to drop me a comment anytime and feel free to link to this blog. ***Please do not copy my photos without my expressed permission***

Saturday, November 11, 2006

My "check up"...






I went for my two-week check up with my consultant Sharonne Jackson-Little. She was very proud of her work. She explained that my hair was exactly as it should be and that I was doing what was needed. She did retighten my nap (i.e., soft spot, it is the only place on my head that does not curl) Anywho, I have posted some pictures about my "wash, wrap, and wear" routine. I do what most of the veterans do. I did in fact have to stop using the SL's starter shampoo. My hair started to become, itchy all over...We no likey.

1) I braid and band
2) I wash gently using a zig-zag motion (per my consultant instructions)
3) I dry with my.... Aquis hair towel (thanks Brunsli this works great)
4) I tie my head with the LB soc and off I go too beddy-bye.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Goodnapps said…

    Very very pretty and gorgeous locks you have.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger KnottyAuthor said…

    i have the same LB sock, style! does yours stay on your head?

     
  • At 1:02 AM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    You know Cheleskilove...I am wearing this thing right now. I do not like the way it swishes my hair in front. It stays on however I find that I need to tie it super tight...I wake up with a major line across the head...not cute.

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger z said…

    Your locks look very cute and I look forward to seeing your progress. I guess i'll keep my old SL pics/info up for others even though i'd rather not be reminded of it. But if it means preventing others from going through what I did then I guess that's a good thing.

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger TwoIslandsGirl said…

    Hi there. Your locks look great. I just moved to Baltimore County and I'm trying to find a new consultant. I saw Sharonne's number listed on the SL website and thought about contacting her. Would you recommend her? You can email me at aileah14@gmail.com if you like. Thanks!

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Aileah,

    I would highly recommend Sharonne's services. She is an excellent consultant! She is both a sisterlock consultant and a hair stylist specializing in natural hair care.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home