Sisterlocks-Look I am a beautiful butterfly

I have been in a natural hair cocoon for seven years. I started this blog to chronicle the life and times of my sisterlocks. And from time to time any other random thing that suites my fancy or draws my ever so curious mind. You are welcomed to drop me a comment anytime and feel free to link to this blog. ***Please do not copy my photos without my expressed permission***

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Memoirs of a Sisterlocked Geisha...




A soror of mine had a really nice costume/birthday party last night. I dressed up as a Geisha (always fun) Anywho, a few of my girlfriends and I just happen to start discussing natural hair. (In the ladies room mind you) All of us are in different stages of being natural: one girl was pressed, one coiled, one pulled back in a natural Afro puff and I was sisterlocked, under the wig of course. There was so much excitement and energy around natural hair it was unreal. There was an exchange of hair woes and wonders and each woman had a specific moment when she said, enough was enough. We of course discussed sisterlocks and I found myself more dramatic than my normal dramatic self. A friend tried to get me to take off my wig, but that thing was plastered to my hair with over twenty booby pins. (we would need a jack hammer and a few glasses of wine to get it off) As a consequence, I am waiting for a call from her today, she wants to come over and see my hair.... maybe another sisterlocks convert.

Ps. ( For those of you who are concerned my sisterlocks did survive under that nasty wig, resilient little things...these SL's)

4 Comments:

  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger brunsli said…

    What a great costume. And, what a fun girlfriend bonding time!

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger whanny5 said…

    You didn't bring ya umbrella into the party....you had such a complete outfit!!

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Cluizel said…

    Ooohhh...cute.

    I hated wearing my wig for Halloween! I still find blond hairs randomly!

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger BlaqKofi said…

    Loved your costume. Very original looking.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home