Sisterlocks-Look I am a beautiful butterfly

I have been in a natural hair cocoon for seven years. I started this blog to chronicle the life and times of my sisterlocks. And from time to time any other random thing that suites my fancy or draws my ever so curious mind. You are welcomed to drop me a comment anytime and feel free to link to this blog. ***Please do not copy my photos without my expressed permission***

Tuesday, October 31, 2006


Happy Halloween.

I decided to wash my 1-week old sisterlocks on Sunday. I did everything I was told to do. No extra (that was very hard for me, but I digress) I braided and banded. I used the sisterlocks shampoo. I used light water pressure as to not disturb the hair. It is like having 400 plus newborns on my head the way this hair is coddled. Anyhoo, then I did it. I pulled out my spike rollers, all shucks! I just knew I was going to be cuuute! Ladies you all will have to help me with this one. Maybe my sections of hair were too small? Maybe the spike rollers are too small? But, I woke up the next morning looking like I had a small jeri curl. Now, for the record I did rock a Jeri curl in 3rd-7th grade so no offense, however this was not the look I was going for. How did I resolve this quandary, you ask? You do not even want to know...I came home and sprayed my hair with a light mist of water. Why you ask? I have no earthly idea. All I know is this morning when I awoke I looked like a young Weezy Jefferson, again not the look I was going for. I have not given up on the spike rollers however, I think I will be freestyling my hair for a few weeks. The picture shows my hair after I washed out Weezy!

7 Comments:

  • At 12:20 AM, Blogger Maryee said…

    Weezy!!!! LOL! That's funny. You'll have plenty of stages of how you want to wear your locks. Free style is cute and easy!! Wishing you all the best!!

    Maryee

     
  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger KnottyAuthor said…

    GIRL,
    I have the SAME problem..and I DONT like the look on me...on my latest blog I'm rambling about pipe cleaners and such that I've been experimenting with. For now, I do braidouts....

     
  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger KnottyAuthor said…

    hand in there..get a head band a Brunsli tie, trying to hold down with a braid out or twist out plaited down

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger whanny5 said…

    They look so tiny...I have to see them in person!! You betta call me today since you screened my call yesterday!

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    ROTFLMAO!!! 'sup, Weezy???
    I recently did a roller set with perm rods. Bad idea on a couple of counts:
    1. it looked no different than when I wash and go
    2. I got no sleep that night.

    You look great, though!! Go'on with your bad self! Who is your consultant?

     
  • At 2:36 AM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Sunsail,

    My consultant is Sharonne Jackson-Little (I take a little drive to Charmed City) I have been very impressed!

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger Spicylocks said…

    Hey! Don't worry. I will be washing my locks for the first time tomorrow. I'm nervous about how they will turn out but it's all part of the journey. Hang in there. : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home