Sisterlocks-Look I am a beautiful butterfly

I have been in a natural hair cocoon for seven years. I started this blog to chronicle the life and times of my sisterlocks. And from time to time any other random thing that suites my fancy or draws my ever so curious mind. You are welcomed to drop me a comment anytime and feel free to link to this blog. ***Please do not copy my photos without my expressed permission***

Wednesday, November 01, 2006



I got my very first digital camera today. I am impressed. I purchased a film camera about three years ago, it was a major investment so buckling down and purchasing another piece of equipment was not in the plans. However, I found a great deal at Costco. The purchased a Canon SD550 and printer. After the Weezy Jefferson incident, I did a braid-out. I am learning a lot about this head of mine. First, (like most African-American women) I have several grades of hair in my head. In general my hair is very dense. The crown has a very tight curl pattern, the front is straight, I mean bone straight (I have not had a perm in seven years however, during my "pressin" years my stylist gave me a double press, hot comb followed by flat iron) As I have gotten older the hair at the nap (the kitchen for those of us who know) has changed. It grows very slowly and it is baby soft (for obvious reasons I am not at all pleased this. This is where I have had some minor slippage) I do not have time for the slippage!

Who am I looking down at you ask? Why it is little Li-Li. My 3 year Wheaten Terrier. He wants brotherlocks so badly...unfortunately for him he does not have enough money to pay.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:06 AM, Blogger brunsli said…

    Your hair looks really great!

    Li-Li is a cutie!

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Blogger KnottyAuthor said…

    it looks cute, what did you do here?

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your locks are beautiful already, and you are wearing them like a true SL veteran. I am documenting my SL journey also. My SLs are now 3 weeks old....

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your locks are beautiful already. You are wearing them like a SL veteran. I am documenting my journey also. My SLs are now 3 weeks, but not half as cute as yours.

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger whanny5 said…

    I didn't know you had a dog he is cute.....your hair looks good too it looks like it is cut into a cute style..

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger ayankha said…

    you can take some good pics! you look amazing, not to mention, the sls are dazzling.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home