Sisterlocks-Look I am a beautiful butterfly

I have been in a natural hair cocoon for seven years. I started this blog to chronicle the life and times of my sisterlocks. And from time to time any other random thing that suites my fancy or draws my ever so curious mind. You are welcomed to drop me a comment anytime and feel free to link to this blog. ***Please do not copy my photos without my expressed permission***

Sunday, November 05, 2006

The tale of two heads...



O-kay. I decided to take a closer look at what is happening to my hair. In the first picture you will is my hair freestyled. I got up this morning gave it a quick mist with water. (this is sooo easy I am loving this) However, because of years of pressin', I have altered the composition on the nap of neck. This is the area where I have had the minor slipage. As you can see from the back picture, my hair is in spike rollers. The pieces in the back stick straight out. Before sisterlocks my nap was longer, my sides came to my jawline and the crown was almost even with the back. Now, no curl or anything at the nap...darn press! Has this happened to anyone else?

6 Comments:

  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger whanny5 said…

    what are spike rollers?

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Ms Stella said…

    My SL's were installed about 1 week before yours so I can relate to a lot of the things your experiencing now (soft spikes, shrinkage, product withdrawal...). I didn't press much during my 4 year transition so my ends are coily.

    Your hair looks great! Your consultant did a wonderful job and you are working the new look.

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Cluizel said…

    My Mom hasn't had any slippage yet...but our consultant made her not wash her hair for the first 6 weeks...I dunno if that has anything to do with it.

    She keeps bothering me abour my slipped lock...ugh...quit bringing up bad memories! lol

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Natacha said…

    Hi there.. First of all, let me say that I want that turquoise necklace you were wearing in your photo.. lol

    Secondly, I'd like to tell you that I organize Nappy Gatherings in the MD/DC/VA area and I happen to be hosting one this Saturday. If you think you'd be interested, feel free to email me (Natacha0526@comcast.net) and I'll be happy to forward the details and add you to my email list for future events! This will be the 4th I've organized and 20 sisters have already RSVP'd.

    Hope to hear from you.

    Inspirations and blessings,
    Natacha

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Girl you are such a pro with your new SLs. I haven't even attempted to style my locs on my own. Maybe I can learn some things from you....

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cute Cute Cute...
    See, I know how you feel. I am a week ahead of you and I am trying to follow what my consultant said. I didn't wash my SL's until after my follow up. Which is what I was told to do. And know I don't wash them but every couple of weeks... All I spray in my hair is water... So I know where you are coming from. I haven't tried the rollers yet, I like braiding them up like I am going to wash them and spray them down with water and let dry overnight or twisting them... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home