Sisterlocks-Look I am a beautiful butterfly

I have been in a natural hair cocoon for seven years. I started this blog to chronicle the life and times of my sisterlocks. And from time to time any other random thing that suites my fancy or draws my ever so curious mind. You are welcomed to drop me a comment anytime and feel free to link to this blog. ***Please do not copy my photos without my expressed permission***

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Give me a brake?









I decided to try a rod set once again. On October 24 when my SL's were initially installed, my consultant styled my hair much like the pictures posted here. The only difference is that she used "Crinkles and Curls" and I used water. After my hard work I really liked the initial look however, after sleeping on my hair I awoke the next day and much to my horror and dismay, my hair did not remotely look the same. The rod set did not hold as long as my consultants', meaning that my curls were no longer spirals they were evolving into...not a good look, i.e., a hot mess. I think that I need a little "C and C." But, I have decided that I will be patient and wait to start using any products on my hair until told further. So ladies and gentlemen I have decided to slow down on the "heavy" styling. Yup, you heard me right. As hard as it is to keep my hands out of my head...I feel that I need to give them a little more time to "mature."

6 Comments:

  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Maryee said…

    My consultant did a rod set the day my locks were done too. I still haven't gotten that c & c yet. Hmph! Lovely progress!!

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Goodnapps said…

    You're doing the right thing. When they mature a little more, there will be plenty more time for styling. I had to learn the hard way, too much washing will do you in as well. Hint hint.

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said…

    I'm just too lazy to style my hair so I guess thats a good thing. My consultant told me about the Crinkles and Curls too. So I had to get some and it really does work. However, being that I don't curl my hair that often, I hardly use it.

     
  • At 1:58 AM, Blogger Cluizel said…

    yeah...I'm with sistalocd. I am WAY too lazy to style...I get slightly annoyed when 30 seconds of fingercombing doesn't do the trick. lol.

    I think my consultant(s) both told me to leave my hair alone...lol.

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger BlaqKofi said…

    You've made a good decision. Trust me, I too have been where you are - anxious to style, etc. But it's important to practice delayed satisfaction. Allow your babies to lock first. The faster they lock, the sooner you'll be able to style and profile even more!

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions! As hard as this may be...I am commented to this process. I go to my five week consultation on Thursday...let's hope I get a good report card:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home