Sisterlocks-Look I am a beautiful butterfly

I have been in a natural hair cocoon for seven years. I started this blog to chronicle the life and times of my sisterlocks. And from time to time any other random thing that suites my fancy or draws my ever so curious mind. You are welcomed to drop me a comment anytime and feel free to link to this blog. ***Please do not copy my photos without my expressed permission***

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Dump 'em



Much like Brunsli...I had a bit of a stressful week....

But, while going through the ritual of washing my hair. My eyes caught sight of several former products lying aimlessly around my bathroom. (You know how ex's are...they show out just as soon as you have moved on) I started to examine the litany of ingredients listed in these products and decided…I was done! When has yellow dye #5 ever been a necessary additive? Do not get me started!

I digress. If you ever have a stressful day, this is what you do. Get a glass of wine (fruit juice for those non-partakers) play some nice music and rounded up the suckers.

You know, the shampoos, glazes, straighters, curling crème, conditioner, the do-grow, won't grow, can't grow and what- not. We are talking about the junky ones…you know with the blah, blah, blah and then thirty lines and a serious migraine later you get to the 6% tea tree oil or something of that nature.

I dumped all of the products... I was like a little mad scientist in my bathroom. (Take it from me, as a woman who worked in the clinical laboratory for seven years I was formally in character, wooo-hooo-ha ha!!!) To end my night proper, I used the empty containers to play horse. (My shot is a little off)

Not to worry, cause I am an environmentally friendly kinda gal; I recycled all of the containers. If I had to take a guess I would say that I trashed over $200.00 bucks worth of product. Two hundred smackers! Do you know what I could do with two hundred dollars? I detest wasting money...think I can get a refund?

5 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger KnottyAuthor said…

    naw, but i know others have taken theirs to a woman's shelter...

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger brunsli said…

    A bad week is not all we have in common -- I just came across a box full of products and hair toys. I gave most of it away to friends, though I couldn't part with one of my two hairdryers. (You know it's bad when you have TWO!)

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Cluizel said…

    I forgot what I did with all of my old products...Somehow they don't recycle in Indiana like they do in NY so I couldn't recycle them

    Throwing my stuff away was fun though... :)

     
  • At 1:14 AM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Brunsli, chile I fully understand. I still have 2 flat irons, 2 blow dryers...a hot comb and oven to boot...What am I going to do with these relics...besides start a fire?

    Slwider...not much recycling in Indiana, huh? That is most peculiar...

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger BlaqKofi said…

    I loved this post! You and B crack me up!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home