Sisterlocks-Look I am a beautiful butterfly

I have been in a natural hair cocoon for seven years. I started this blog to chronicle the life and times of my sisterlocks. And from time to time any other random thing that suites my fancy or draws my ever so curious mind. You are welcomed to drop me a comment anytime and feel free to link to this blog. ***Please do not copy my photos without my expressed permission***

Monday, November 13, 2006

"The Bluest Eye"






Today I saw the Toni Morrison's, "The Bluest Eye" performed at a local theatre in DC. I really did not know what to expect. Toni Morrison is by far my favorite writer and I have read this book more times than I would like to admit...needless to say my expectations were very high. I have to say the performance was excellent! I was blown away by this powerful performance. I was throughly impressed and surprised at how true the performance was to the book. Next stop for the show is NYC for an off Broadway run. I think tickets are selling out quickly...

P.S...note to production manager: two hours is a wee-bit long to sit with no intermission. I am just saying...

The pictures are as follows:
1. Me on the way to the theatre ( I am still free-styling my SL's and loving every moment)
2. "The Bluest Eye" set...(at the end the eyes light up blue, it is very eery)
3. H Street Playhouse marquis
4. I love D.C. architecture...this is a shot of the theatre entrance...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Creyole said…

    Maybe I need to see the play because I've started the book four times and just cannot stay with it.

    Geez!!!

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    CSE
    I love TM so I am perhaps a tad bit biased. But, I have to say that I truly understand your frustration. I struggled through Beloved when I first read it. However, it is now my all time favorite book, it was well worth the "struggle."

    Have you tried the Bluest Eye on tape? I spend a alot of time in the car so it was been really rewarding to listen to Toni Morrison and Ruby Dee read together. (it's kinda like cheating but...not:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home