Sisterlocks-Look I am a beautiful butterfly

I have been in a natural hair cocoon for seven years. I started this blog to chronicle the life and times of my sisterlocks. And from time to time any other random thing that suites my fancy or draws my ever so curious mind. You are welcomed to drop me a comment anytime and feel free to link to this blog. ***Please do not copy my photos without my expressed permission***

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I got tagged!

1. I have a tattoo on the left side of my lower back. It is a ancient Ghanaian symbol called, "The Gye Nyame" There are a several translations of the literal meaning for this symbol. The one that I use is "Love GOD and Fear no one." I got it in one of my favorite cities New Orleans in 2000.

2. Last year while visiting my Aunt in Hawaii. My Aunt begged me to go on a glider ride with her. She is very tricky this Aunt, she would not let me get any information on-line about what the ride would entail. For those of you who may not know what a glide is. A glider is a small plane without an engine. It is hooked by a cord to the back of a larger propellor plane. Once you reach a certain altitude the cord is cut and the small plane "coasts" on geo thermal air currents. It was one of the best experiences of my life!

3. I ran on stage and hugged D'Angelo at a concert in Philly! It was the end of his set and I seized the moment...it still brings a huge smile!

4. I sing and dance all the time. In the shower, while cooking, while cleaning, in the car, all the time!

5. I do not like deep water. I fell off my Jet ski in Puerto Rico...this was not very fun. I was very calm. But, my SO almost drown me trying to keep me afloat. (mind you I had a huge lifejacket on) I had to calmly say..."PLEASE GET OFF...YOU ARE GOING TO KILL ME, smile." Needless to say it was a very dramatic rescue!

11 Comments:

  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Cluizel said…

    Oh my goodness...I LOVE #3!!! How tall is he?

    I have a few Adinkra tattoos too. :)

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool little-known facts about you!

    I almost had a really bad water accident too. It's terrifying!tdx

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger MEE said…

    Cool!! I'm going back to Puerto Rico...soon!!

    Maryee

     
  • At 5:04 AM, Blogger Mel said…

    Gliding sounds cool! Some friends are trying to organise a skydive but I'm not sure that I'm brave enough...

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Brenda said…

    Guess we'll never see that tat! And we've got more in common! I used to live in HI and now I'm in Philly.

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Thanks for all of the feedback!

    Cluziel, I really can not remember how tall D'Angelo is...it was like an...out of body experience. First I was standing next to the stage, then I was on the stage, then I was hugging him, then I was off...mmmm with his fine self!

    Brenda, I love HI specifically the North Shore area!

    Maryee, have a great time in PR! Bring me back some coffee!

     
  • At 1:34 AM, Blogger Tafari said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 1:36 AM, Blogger Tafari said…

    A friend of mine has been trying to get me to go gliding with her for a year. I am doing it this year because since she got licensed I feel better about out.

    Hidden tattoo, now you got me wondering where!!!! Hidden tatts are the best cuz you can always surprise a ...

    Did you hug D'Angelo before or after his crack days & was anything missing on our person. LOL

     
  • At 2:47 AM, Blogger BlaqKofi said…

    Loved the insight! I tried the polite D'Angelo thing patiently waiting and talking to his manager trying to get backstage...all the while he was probably in a limo on his way back to his hotel...LOL. Next time I'll know - just bum rush da stage! That's if he ever performs again - where is D'Angelo?

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger Creyole said…

    Loved the facts and you are something else Missy! Running on stage to hug D'Angelo?? I'm sure you'll never forget that moment!

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Starshadow said…

    I'm enjoying the vivacity of your blog as I lurk while recovering from DOUBLE PNEUMONIA! Keep on dancing, swimming and just being athletic. It makes for good memories and confidence building and social experiences. : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home