Sisterlocks-Look I am a beautiful butterfly

I have been in a natural hair cocoon for seven years. I started this blog to chronicle the life and times of my sisterlocks. And from time to time any other random thing that suites my fancy or draws my ever so curious mind. You are welcomed to drop me a comment anytime and feel free to link to this blog. ***Please do not copy my photos without my expressed permission***

Monday, December 11, 2006

A Par-tay!




I am finishing graduate School as some of you know soon and very soon. Yay! Well one of my classmate's SO had a little get together for her over the weekend. For the party I wore my new brown suede shoes (an early christmas present) and I pinned the top of my sisterlocks up. I kinda like this look. Anywho, the party was just too fun. There was good food, good drink and good music. Her SO rented a small room at a Hotel in downtown D.C., (the setting was very intimate, with a few close friends and family) so there was not enough room for me to dance like I really wanted too. I am ready to throw down (two years of papers, analysis and talking about feelings, group dynamics, consulting and race relations has got me ready...all I need is to hear a beat, a shame but true) None-the-less, it was a great time!

9 Comments:

  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Goodnapps said…

    Oh very cute. Now you are definitely looking like you are on Cloudnine!

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger KnottyAuthor said…

    ahhh you look so happy!!!!and glowy!the headpain from the tightening must of wore off!

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger KnottyAuthor said…

    did you happen to go to hampton? or live in Baltimore? I swear you look familiar. I used to direct a lab at Johns HOpkins-could it have been there?

    what kind of research? I would love to read a blog on that! i find it interesting that many of us former/current science people are into locks.

    I earned my Masters of Physiology at Clemson univer(93) and worked at Johns Hopkins, ATCC(was in Rockville,MD) and Case Western Reserve b/f leaving the field to do Pharmaceuticals.

    I saw so many MBA's come in and go-while I was waiting on my Chicken Thymus' to mature so I could process and assay them.lol! Just to defend,which is a whole 'nother year long process at best.

    Best wishes!Remember to stay humble and you will pass that defense! That's all they're trying to prove-that you dont know NOTHING!

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Thanks Goodnapps! I am really happy in that picture!

    Cheleskilove,

    I did not go to Hampton but it is funny...I always get that I look like someone (always)...I need to talk to my parents about this worrisome trend (lol).

    I am a clinical laboratory scientist by training. (Virology/Molecular Diagonistics/Microbiology)

    Prior to that I did Pharma/Biotech research on HIV protease inhibitors and blah, blah and more blah. I did a ton of high-throughput DNA sequencing when labs were first automated.

    Finally, needing some time away from the pipetors and PCR...I starting in the Pharmaceutical counsulting world. I will be gaining an MS in Organizational Development and Knowledge Management. Girl, leave that Chicken Thymus alone! :)

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Cluizel said…

    GO HAMPTON!! Wait...this isn't the place for that...lol

    Your hair looks cute! Congrats on finishing grad school!

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger KnottyAuthor said…

    wow,you're deep girl...org.dev.,huh? I know someone contemplating her PHD in that. Yeh, I was in Rockville dealing iwth Genentech and other places when the Sequencing automation began.What will be your new career direction? what field

    Go Wilder! IlovemyHIU!

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger KnottyAuthor said…

    oh pharma consulting. epiphany,just saw that...again...going where the money is,huh?

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Creyole said…

    Now that's what I call a party with a purpose!!

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger Funlayo said…

    It was absolutely wonderful meeting you at Home.Body.Soul boutique this week. Yourlocks are just gorgeous and so are you. I am enjoying your blog. I will be checking it out every chance I get, when I'm not whipping up Shea Body Butters :)

    PS. I am adding you blog to my links

     

Post a Comment

<< Home