Sisterlocks-Look I am a beautiful butterfly

I have been in a natural hair cocoon for seven years. I started this blog to chronicle the life and times of my sisterlocks. And from time to time any other random thing that suites my fancy or draws my ever so curious mind. You are welcomed to drop me a comment anytime and feel free to link to this blog. ***Please do not copy my photos without my expressed permission***

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My hair's journey

I decided to take a trip down memory lane ,that and I just got a scanner. Anywho, as I looked over some of my old pictures I had to laugh at where my hair has been. (Honestly, I am just grateful to still have some hair on my head!)

There is a picture of my Jeri Curl below, it was sooo dry (yes I am wearing fruit covered shorts!) I am surprised I was allowed to walk out of the house...it looks like it could catch fire at any time! O-kay take a look at the Prom picture (there is one where I am wearing a blue dress and one wear I am wearing a green one) Will you look at the hair, people? I was extremely fond of hard updos..however on the day of my senior prom (the green dress that I still have) my hair dresser informed me that she could not do hard updos! What??? I almost passed out. So she finger waved my whole head. Yes, you heard me right, finger waved my whole head and then picked it out at the top. Needless to say this is how my bride of Frankenstein look occurred.

One of my favorite pictures is of me in Louisiana, my mama's hometown. I am actually in New Orleans in July 2005 (Just before the destruction of Katrina) I was there as always for the Essence Festival. I am in a door frame and in the picture I have "sistertwists" that is a story in and of it self. There is a picture below that was taken at a convention in ATL, I was trying the wash and curl look...hmmmm, enough said. ( A very mean man called me a Chiapet in downtown ATL, a Chiapet?...I am not certain what else to say) It was an ignorant and quite unnecessary comment. I was way too busy having a ball to care about his nasty tail! What are you doing to do...but go to Glady's Knights and get your groove back with a fried chicken omelette:)


















9 Comments:

  • At 3:09 AM, Blogger brunsli said…

    These are great photos! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Chiapet - whatever. Some people just have no "bringupsy."

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Ms Stella said…

    I loved the pictures. We all remember of a not so nice hair comment. I remember being 16 and a store clerk asking if my press-n-curl was a wig!

    I agree with Brunsli, some people...

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cloudline,
    It is so funny to look back at those old pics. I always ask myself, What was I thinking? or I just can't flat out belive someone let me go out the house like that??

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger C & C said…

    Chiapet? My grandma always said, "When you open your mouth the world knows who you are." It was really cool looking at all the different ways you've worn your hair over the years. Remembering the person you were during that time frame can be quite funny compared to who you are now. I believe I will add something simular to my blog.Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi CloudNine.

    I am very excited to have found your blog. I live in the DC area and after 4 years of natural hair have decided to proceed with sisterlocks. Your journey has been very inspiring and your hair looks great! I do have a question - do you mind letting me know who your consultant is? You can email me at cargcar@hotmail.com. Thanks so much and keep up the great work.

    Carla (naturalandfree)

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Hey Carla,

    I am so excited for you! It has been the best thing that I have ever done for my hair and myself. I only regret waisting so much time and not getting them sooner. My consultants name is Sharonne Jackson-Little. I actually drive to Baltimore for her services. She is excellent. She is very knowledgable about sisterlocks and natural hair in general. She also carries the sisterlocks products and has a book full of clients! Goodluck with everything!

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    too cute!

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Cluizel said…

    Awww...cute!

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Dee said…

    Ok...gurlfriend you are just too cute of a baby...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home