Sisterlocks-Look I am a beautiful butterfly

I have been in a natural hair cocoon for seven years. I started this blog to chronicle the life and times of my sisterlocks. And from time to time any other random thing that suites my fancy or draws my ever so curious mind. You are welcomed to drop me a comment anytime and feel free to link to this blog. ***Please do not copy my photos without my expressed permission***

Thursday, December 21, 2006

I found Funmi!



This week I was feeling like a hot mess in the hair department. My hair just was not acting right. Do not misunderstand me. I love my sisterlocks. But my girls were acting a bit unruly. The back of my hair grows much faster than the sides. What does this translate too you ask? A mullet. (not the look I am going for) I don't take myself too seriously but, on the second day of this, my confidence started to falter. (sign)

On Tuesday I went into one of my favorite stores, to boost my spirits and do a little shopping. Have you ever gone into a place that just feels like home? This is the way the store that I visited feels. The proprietor, a young sistah has the warmest spirit and the biggest heart. It feels like you have walked into your Aunties, all she needs is a slice of sweet potato pie and I would take up residence. I digress, in Home. Body. Spirit, guess who I ran into? Funmi! It was so pleasant. As I was smelling some yummy handmade soaps, I look up a see a woman with sisterlocks. Being the lock stalker that I am, I walk over to this young lady and strike up a conversation. Little do I realize, it is Funmi, our Funmi! (it is so funny when you meet someone you only know online, I said hey I know you...but, I don't know you:)

If you have ever read her blog, you know that she is starting a products company. Well friends, I am here to tell you, the products are off the hook! Her sumptuous vanilla hand creme', is fabulous. It was so smooth and creamy. (Funmi, I am not playing I really want some!)

We discussed our hair, she told me her hairstory, and I shared mine. Unknown to Funmi, I was feeling yuck for two days with my mullet and all , she helped to boost my spirit with her kind words. She loved my hair and of course I loved hers. That was that...thanks Funmi. ( I will be looking for your products, girl do not make me get on I95 to get some! (lol)

10 Comments:

  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger C & C said…

    that is too cool finding a fellow online sister in real life! did someone say body products? yay, can't wait for that to kick off.

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Locizm, we are going to have to have her ship you some...it will be a worthwhile treat:)

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said…

    What a small world? Glad you guys can meet! I need to be cautious of the new products, I'm already a project junkie! lol

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Yeah, I saw your collection of B-Hairties...Sistalocd, If you are a product junkie then you are going to be in trouble. We are going to have to get you into Products Anonymous...when you smell the vanilla hand creme', it is going to be all over...:) You may want to save me a seat!

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger MEE said…

    Awesome running into Fummi!!!!!!

    Maryee

     
  • At 2:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is a great post! It's wonderful how we've developed this online and offline community of support!

    Brunsli

     
  • At 2:29 AM, Blogger brunsli said…

    PS You don't look like you have a mullet, Silly!

    Brunsli

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Thanks Brunsli! It is o-kay, I have accepted the truth. I do have a Mullet...however, I do a very good job of camouflaging, ie., I curl the back tight with soft spikes.

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Thanks TRA. You trade me some sides and I will trade you some of my mullet, deal or no deal? (lol)

     
  • At 2:30 AM, Blogger Creyole said…

    Wow, thanks for sharing the product informaion. The two of you took a very nice pic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home