Sisterlocks-Look I am a beautiful butterfly

I have been in a natural hair cocoon for seven years. I started this blog to chronicle the life and times of my sisterlocks. And from time to time any other random thing that suites my fancy or draws my ever so curious mind. You are welcomed to drop me a comment anytime and feel free to link to this blog. ***Please do not copy my photos without my expressed permission***

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My sisterlocks are a' changing!

I am not certain if you all can see. My babies are changing. I had my second retighting last week and my sisterlock consultant confirmed the change. They are starting to lose their "very" curly ends. My locks now have a waved pattern with more straight pieces. I am trying to enjoy all of the phases as they come however, I do love curly hair and do not wish to loose this look so soon. But, what are ya' going to do?

I am starting to get questions about my hair "style." A few months ago a few friends just believed that I had a perm...now it is, "do you have those...sis..sisterthings?" This question actually tickled me. I said, " they are Sisterlocks." The great thing is that women are starting to ask questions. All of the women who have had question are "permies." They are asking, Who, What, When and Where questions. I have tried my best to answer all questions as well as direct them to the Offical website. I am keeping my fingers crossed that more women get the message and stop putting that "Lye" mess in their hair.


10 Comments:

  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger brunsli said…

    Sisterthings!! That is so funny. Well, maybe not. Your Sisterthings are cute, so I understnad their curiosity and it's nice of you to educate them.

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger Cluizel said…

    Awww...your hair is cute!

    Siserthings? lmao

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Jena Evans said…

    Looking wonderful... You are almost ready for the time when the "big drop" occurs...

    Be blessed~

     
  • At 12:12 AM, Blogger Cee said…

    Hey Soror, your hair looks really nice, you almost have enough for a pony tail, it won't be long until you are wearing one again with all of your own hair...

     
  • At 12:36 AM, Blogger Creyole said…

    You wear them so well, who could pass you up wihout asking? Keep up the good work on those babies!

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger KnottyAuthor said…

    congrats!!! your hair is lovely!

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Goodnapps said…

    Very very cute. Congratulations.

     
  • At 1:28 AM, Blogger Abena Abena said…

    Your hair looks cute. I really like the curliness, it suits you very well. I can't wait to see your hair in a couple of years they are going to be asking you to model for the Sisterlocks magazine.

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Brenda said…

    Enjoy every phase. You're looking good.

     
  • At 2:43 AM, Blogger BlaqKofi said…

    Yes, I can see the difference in your babies and they are looking good. I have found the best form of education is proudly wearing our locks. The more people see how easy it is to be natural, the more likely they are to try being natural. Not everyone - but it starts with the who? what? when? where? how? questions. So keep rockin' those beautiful locks and that gorgeous smile.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home