Sisterlocks-Look I am a beautiful butterfly

I have been in a natural hair cocoon for seven years. I started this blog to chronicle the life and times of my sisterlocks. And from time to time any other random thing that suites my fancy or draws my ever so curious mind. You are welcomed to drop me a comment anytime and feel free to link to this blog. ***Please do not copy my photos without my expressed permission***

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Aww Skate...Aww bounce!




Hello everyone! I am just getting back from a conference and I figured I would check in with my blogging sistahs! I forgot to post these pictures last week. A girlfriend of mine called and asked if I wanted to go skating. I love to skate, so I was all over the offer. It was adult night at the rink we attended, pretty cool. (You know things have changed when you pull up to the rink and all of the cars are mini-vans) However, the night ended up being a lot of fun and great exercise. Thankfully not one of us fell. Ya'll, there are folks who take skating too the next level. I have never witnessed some of the stunts that were performed, on skates no less. I remember when backwards skate was the, "it" thing to do...not anymore!

My sisterlocks held up pretty well considering I skated for more than two hours....

8 Comments:

  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Brenda said…

    Girl - do you ever go skating in Delaware? My husband is a skating fanatic and goes down there often.

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    There are two rinks in Northern DE (christiana and elsmere) I have been to both. We used to go to Christiana as children and I have been to Elsmere many times as an adult. Those skaters at Elsmere are serious!

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Leighann said…

    Now you ain't nothin' but a word! I LOVE to skate. Well, to be honest what I LOVE is rollerblading. I know, I know, but for me it's so much easier to manuever. I need to dust of my blades and get out to the rink, get my roll on!

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Leighann...I too love rollerblading! My sister and I would go all the time. Mine also need to dusted off. However, I do have a disclosure...I wear every pad in the book, helmet, knees, elbows, wrists. I am too old to lose a tooth or break a bone rollerblading. Girl, it just takes one rock to mess your day all up!

     
  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger Maryee said…

    In the words of Swipper, "Awe, Man!!!" We haven't been skating in a minute. You making me wanna go to Skate Country next weekend!!! Glad you had fun!!

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger C & C said…

    i remember those skate days...even though i'm a terrible skater (i seem to spend a lot of time on the floor, lol). looks like you had a blast. peace.

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger Abena Abena said…

    Boy do I love to skate, you just encouraged me to maybe plan a skate night with the girls. You looked like you had a great time.

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger BlaqKofi said…

    Skating - too cool! Girl I was so proud when I learned to skate backwards...thought I was da bomb. Hehehe....My niece is having a skating party next Saturday, let's hope I don't fall and look as cute as you on skates!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home