Sisterlocks-Look I am a beautiful butterfly

I have been in a natural hair cocoon for seven years. I started this blog to chronicle the life and times of my sisterlocks. And from time to time any other random thing that suites my fancy or draws my ever so curious mind. You are welcomed to drop me a comment anytime and feel free to link to this blog. ***Please do not copy my photos without my expressed permission***

Thursday, January 11, 2007

A new do!




On Sunday as I styled my hair I started to get a little unsettled...why you ask? Well I was a bit tired of seeing my hair in the same style. As much as I love my sisterlocks, I need some variety. I love a nice sleek ponytail. I think it is chic and sophicated...I am not quite there yet but a gal can dream. On Sunday I determined to try something different. I used bobbie pins top pull and secure the sides and I used a lone stick pin to secure my "bangs." I ended up really liking this look and I got many compliments.

13 Comments:

  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Leighann said…

    Oooh, that is cute! I like your hair both ways. "Mullet" and all. :-) Personally I don't see a mullet, I see a nice layered look that give you a lot of flexibility as your locks grow and mature.

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Thanks Leighann!

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger Maryee said…

    I know what you mean. When it's short, you actually have more choices to experiment. Bantu Knots are nice! Especially after you take em' down! The curls/swirls are cute!

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Goodnapps said…

    Honey - I understand completely. The smallest change does go a long way.

    Very cute.

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Jena Evans said…

    It is confirmed for me... Happy Founders Day to you as well, Soror!!!

    Blessings~

    Loving the creativity you roll with in hair styling... Got's to find my inline skates, too and get to aawwww skaking and bouncing.

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger C & C said…

    yes ma'am, that new do looks good on you. peace.

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said…

    I like the new look! It looks good on you! Speaking of skating I wish I was there although I'm going tomorrow! I love to skate I can skate all day everyday!

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Thanks everyone!

    sistalocd...I hear you. I could skate all day long! Have a great time tomorrow. Bust a backwards skate for me!

     
  • At 5:08 AM, Blogger Mel said…

    I think this style gives a sleek and sophisticated look also. It really suits you!
    BTW, Dream Girls is here from Feb 2nd - on your high recommendation I shall be going to see it :-)

    Mel

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Mel...get your tickets in advanced. The lines here were completely out of control. (one would have thought the "Dreamgirls" were in the theatre) I can not wait to here what you think...

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger BlaqKofi said…

    A nice funky look! I like it alot. You go girl.

     
  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger KnottyAuthor said…

    very very chic!!!!!thanks for always visiting my blog and showing love!you gonna make me pull out my grey rollerskates with the blue lightening bolt on the side. I'm going to take a picture of them just for you! Good memories from back in the day.

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Cheleskilove,

    You better work! Please do not hurt anyone with your lightening bolts!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home