Sisterlocks-Look I am a beautiful butterfly

I have been in a natural hair cocoon for seven years. I started this blog to chronicle the life and times of my sisterlocks. And from time to time any other random thing that suites my fancy or draws my ever so curious mind. You are welcomed to drop me a comment anytime and feel free to link to this blog. ***Please do not copy my photos without my expressed permission***

Thursday, February 15, 2007

You can't eat everybody's cooking...


Happy Belated Valentine's Day to all. On Valentine's Day a huge snowstorm hit the Mid-Atlantic region. As I awoke early Wednesday morning I felt like a little kid. Snow Day!!! While my SO on the other side of town had to brave the cold. I had to shovel myself out. It took forever! (I looked like the Abominable snowman) After such hard work, I was ready to eat. I made a Valentine's Day reservation at a Restaurant for two. I was excited and ready for good cooking, feel me. I love to explore unique favors and diverse cuisines however, we have been dining out a lot lately and I had a craving for some home cookin'. (I was tired of foie gras, and blah, blah a top of a bed of rosemary puree)

Well...I am still in the mood for some good cookin'. I ordered the Chicken Gumbo as my starter...big mistake. I know what good Gumbo is supposed to taste like, and this was not it. (Creyole you feel me?) Above is the picture of my SO's second course...the shrimp looks as surprised to be on the menu as we were with our food! (He looks like he is saying, "Ya'll gonna eat me? I am not really that good...Dang, I was supposed to be in that Gumbo with the rest of my buddies...)

I spoke to a few girlfriends about my dining experience. The reactions were hilarious!

Girlfriend #1=See my grandmother taught me how to cook...you can't eat everybody's cooking...
Girlfriend #2=Girl, it is hard to find good cooking in this area...I know what good cooking taste like cause I throw down!

Lessons learned:

1. Obviously, Valentine's Day has nothing to do with good or bad food; we had a fabulous time regardless.
2. If you want good cooking... go home:)

13 Comments:

  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Brenda said…

    Girl, I'm sorry! That just does not look appetizing! And I love shrimp, but I don't want it looking up at me!

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Brenda, my sentiments exactly.

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Naturalist1 said…

    That doesn't look good at all and I love seafood gumbo.

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Abena Abena said…

    YIKES!!!! I love me some Gumbo but even I have my limits ((((Laughs)))). I am glad you had a good time inspite of the food :)

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger C & C said…

    i am lmao over here. now THAT dish looks scary. glad you enjoyed your valentine's day regardless. peace

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    I am so glad that I was not the only person shocked by: Mr. Big Eyes!

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger Tafari said…

    That scrimp looks like a real hot mess! LOL

    Bygbaby

     
  • At 12:56 AM, Blogger Creyole said…

    CloudNine! You have got to be kidding, guess not cause the pic tells all! I am sick unto death after seeing this mess...they need their Gumbo license revoked...with the quickness!

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger brunsli said…

    Eeeeew!

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger KnottyAuthor said…

    YUCKO

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger BlaqKofi said…

    Gurl, that pic scurrred da hell outta me! I love me some shrimp, but if one of them looked back at me like that - I may have to not luv 'em anymore...LOL. Seriously, glad that you had a nice Valentine's. Come to Texas and I'll have my momma cook you some good food!

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger AFunkyKindaGlow said…

    My sides are aching, ROTFL!

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Cluizel said…

    Awwww...poor shrimp! He looks sad.

    Wait...my food shouldn't have an emotion...check please! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home