Sisterlocks-Look I am a beautiful butterfly

I have been in a natural hair cocoon for seven years. I started this blog to chronicle the life and times of my sisterlocks. And from time to time any other random thing that suites my fancy or draws my ever so curious mind. You are welcomed to drop me a comment anytime and feel free to link to this blog. ***Please do not copy my photos without my expressed permission***

Friday, February 23, 2007

Freedom


I am one of those people who is not happy unless I am using my hands, painting, sewing, making cards anything creative. I rarely "create" for myself. Growing up both of my parents put a huge value on creativity. To this day the biggest gift for my mother is something that comes my hands. More than eight years ago I painted this picture. The painting is titled,"Freedom." Unfortunately, most of the painting is cut off. The woman in this painting has her hands outstretched and she has on ballet shoes, her feet are in "fifth position." Again, I do not know what inspired me to paint her but, it seems funny that it took me eight years to get the the "freedom" shown in this painting. I am so glad I woke up!

15 Comments:

  • At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is a gorgeous painting!

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger brunsli said…

    I love it!

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Ms Stella said…

    You are so talented. I'm teaching myself to paint. What type of paint did you use?

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger C & C said…

    beautiful painting! i also belive there is value in allowing your creativity to flow. peace

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Thanks everyone!

    Ms. Stella I normally use acrylic they tend to give me the control I need.

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Brenda said…

    Just beautiful!

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Jena Evans said…

    Very nice work... I like the shadow work and the purple pops out nicely... Great use of contrast with the yellow, too... Cool to look at!

    blessings~

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Cashana said…

    It is beautiful.

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Tequila Jackson Allen said…

    would you consider painting a piece similar to this for me beautiful fierce!

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger CloudNine said…

    Thank you to everyone for your kinds words!

    -Lashaune, thank you for your comments. I will be posting more older pieces from over the years. However, with my Graduate school experience coming to a close I will not have time to paint anything new at the moment...we'll take a rain check...Thank you again for your sweet sentiments!

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger BlaqKofi said…

    This is a beautiful painting and I was immediately attracted to it. This Sisterlocks journey is all about finding self - the path is different for everyone - the important thing is that we're on the path. Welcome home to "freedom" and thanks for sharing with us.

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger Abena Abena said…

    I really love this painting. The concept, the colors, the title, everything....just beautiful.

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger KnottyAuthor said…

    I love it! this would be a GREAT card!there really is an inexplicable freedom that locks gives you that manifests in other areas of your life if you let go....

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Creyole said…

    I totally appreciate art and this my dear is considered ART!!!! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

    Got any originals!

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This painting is beautiful. Do you sell your work? I am interest in this painting.

    Tanya Davis 240-882-1141

     

Post a Comment

<< Home