Sisterlocks-Look I am a beautiful butterfly

I have been in a natural hair cocoon for seven years. I started this blog to chronicle the life and times of my sisterlocks. And from time to time any other random thing that suites my fancy or draws my ever so curious mind. You are welcomed to drop me a comment anytime and feel free to link to this blog. ***Please do not copy my photos without my expressed permission***

Thursday, March 15, 2007

The stork brought me presents!


This has been a crazy few weeks! Whoa....

My very best friend had her second son a few weeks ago. (My second godson...I am going to be a very po' woman) I went to see the new baby and the first voice I hear...."Auntie, look what we found at the doctors...a new baby brother!" My first godson is three and precocious as all get out!

Then, my sister had her little girl on Monday. This is my Mama's first grandbaby and my first niece. I really do not think I was prepared for what I felt seeing that baby. She was absolutely beautiful. (I know people always say that...but she truly is) I did not know if I wanted to cry or jump for joy! It was all so overwhelming. (I am certain those of you who are parents understand) I was and still am at a loss for words.

In the meantime, I did get my sisterlocks retighten! My consultant tells me that they are maturing well! That is always good news.

18 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Brenda said…

    Congratulations on the additions to your family! They truly are awe inspiring.

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Jena Evans said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Goodnapps said…

    Congratulations on your gifts of life. Your gonna be busy. Have fun.

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger ayankha said…

    Congrats Godmom!Also, your hair looks great!

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Mel said…

    Congratulations on both new additions!

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger KnottyAuthor said…

    new life,there is hope for this world....
    your hair is looking different, and looks great

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww that is beautiful. Congrats on your abudant blessings!
    Your hair is definitley looking good.

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Creyole said…

    What blessings are in store for you! Congrats to you and the family!!!

    BTW, don't forget to take some "me" time!

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Natural Kinks said…

    Your locks are lovely!

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Tequila Jackson Allen said…

    Alright now you looking fierce! Good news sista your locks are doing well!

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Tafari said…

    I am know I am late but congrats on the new additional to your growing family

    Bygbaby

     
  • At 12:32 AM, Blogger Creyole said…

    Ok...come on back now! We need a new and updated post.

    Hope all is well!

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger KnottyAuthor said…

    girl, where you been? it's been foreveah since an update

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Sogolocs said…

    You have been tagged.

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger naadii salaam said…

    i love the short look! it's sassy!

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Cashana said…

    You have been tagged twice! I am anxious to see your locks at this stage.

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger whanny5 said…

    Hey Lady Congratulations I became an aunt this year as well and you are right it is really overwhelming!! I love it!! Your locks look good but I am sure they are even longer by now since you haven't posted a picture in a while.....

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Veta said…

    Wonder how life is going with the new baby, you must be really busy, we haven't heard from you in so long. This is your 3rd tag i guess, does that mean you have to share 21 things about yourself? What a way to welcome you back with such an assignment. Can't wait.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home